Job Title: Chemical Engineer –Career Development Program
SBG/Entity: Performance Materials and Technologies-UOP
Location: Beijing (frequent travel domestically and internationally)
Education Degree: Master
Report To: Technical Training Supervisor in India
Major: Chemical Engineering
Language: Proficient English & Mandarin
Honeywell International is a $36.5 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. From manufacturer to consumer, pilot to passenger, homebuilder to homeowner, and physician to patient, Honeywell technologies improve people’s lives in their homes, communities, workplace and travels. With over 122,000 employees in more than 100 countries, people are our ultimate differentiator. Our employees share a passion for exceeding customer expectations, learning and development and community involvement. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.
To explore additional opportunities with Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/careers.
Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT)
Honeywell PMT is one of Honeywell's 3 major strategic business groups. PMT is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining. With research and development facilities around the world, including labs in Chicago, Germany, New York, California and Shanghai, Honeywell PMT is on the cutting edge in several sectors of the chemical and high-performance materials industry.
UOP is a business unit within Honeywell's PMT strategic business group. UOP is a worldwide leader in developing, commercializing and supplying innovative process technology, catalyst and separation systems, products and services. In the area of petroleum/petrochemical processing, virtually every refinery in the world employs at least one of our 75 processes. Our expertise extends to research and development, process technology, molecular sieves and adsorbents, catalysts, specialty chemicals, process plants and equipment, engineering, technical services and manufacturing. For more information, please visit www.uop.com.
Description of Career Development Program:
The objective of the CDP training program is to develop knowledge, skills and abilities that will qualify the trainee to join our international Field Services (FS) organization as a Field Services Advisor. The Field Services organization consists of a group of international employees who provide worldwide startup and commissioning services to oil refineries and petrochemical plants. Field Service Advisors are expected to cross check the physical installation of refinery equipment to insure compliance with the design specifications. Subsequently, they advise the client refinery personnel in all aspects of commissioning and operations. UOP has a formal Career Development Program that is used to train all new employees for this role by utilizing our developmental pilot plant facilities. Trainees are assigned to operations and service roles to progressively gain relevant transferable experience.
职业发展培训生项目旨在帮助培训生们，在成为UOP 国际现场服务组织中的现场服务运营顾问前，培养知识，技术和能力。在国际现场服务组织中有大量的员工在全球炼油厂和石油化工厂提供初始化和调试服务。现场服务运营顾问能够交叉校验炼油设备安装情况从而确保符合设计规格。同时，顾问们也能够向客户方的炼油工艺人员提供调试及操作各个方面的合理建议。UOP 的正规的职业发展培训生项目利用试验设施厂来培训新员工。培训生们通过制定的运营和服务岗位从而逐步获得相关的经验。
In the Career Development Program, the trainees will be exposed to a variety of functions including Research and Process Development, Regional Services, Technical Service, and/ or Customer Training. Trainees will gain experience in one or more of UOP’s key refining and petrochemical technologies with a variety of activities that may include operating pilot plants, defining experiments, designing, troubleshooting and/ or servicing UOP process units, and performing other challenging assignments. Following this CDP training program, engineers will transfer to Field Operating Service (FOS). In FOS they will travel full time at least 4 years on assignments to multiple locations around the world supporting UOP customers in operating plants as a process engineer and advisor.
─ Responsibilities of Trainee in CDP:
Completion of several months’ training program designed to develop the skills needed to be
FOS technical advisor. This includes:
- Independent learning as well as structured classroom and hand-on training;
- Training focused on safety and UOP technology, processes and procedures by which UOP delivers technology to our customers;
- On the job training and value-added work in rotational work assignments in Operations, Technical Service, Regional Service, or Business groups;
- Soft skills training, including cultural, conflict management, and communication courses;
─ Responsibilities of FOS:
- Providing field technical assistance on new and/or revamped refinery unit checkout and startups.
- Providing field technical assistance and field support for development activities in commercial refinery units.
- Following required safety procedures.
- Providing feedback including suggested improvements on UOP process designs.
- Troubleshooting and recommending solutions while also addressing improvement and
innovative problem solving.
- Coordinating commissioning activities.
- Transferring technology to customers operating and engineering staff.
- Reviewing emergency and normal operating procedures with customer shift operating personnel.
- Advising customer operating personnel on the establishment and maintenance of the – various process variables necessary to achieve safe and efficient operations.
- Collecting and working up unit operating data and laboratory results.
- Monitoring and advising on process operating conditions, during test runs.
- Advising customer personnel during the performance of various activities routine to the long term operations of a UOP process unit.
Qualifications for Trainee of CDP:
- Master degree, major in Chemical Engineering from a reputed university
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically and reside onsite for long uninterrupted periods of time. (Typical assignments are four to six months but durations of one day to one year or more are possible.)
- Ability and willingness to endure hardship, esp. working in the suburban and isolated environment for a long and consecutive period.
？ Persistence and willingness to serve as FOS at least 4 years after training program. completion..
- Demonstrated excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Flexibility to work hours that are dictated by customer requirements and assignment scope.
- Ability to interact with customers on a global basis
- Prior work experience in an operating refinery or petrochemical unit will be a plus.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English communication.