GLG is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Research Support team. Project Support Specialists (PSS) are responsible for arranging connections between GLG’s clients and selected Council Members, global key opinion leaders and senior industry executives acting in a consultative capacity.
To facilitate these engagements, the PSS will work closely with both client-facing GLG Research professionals and GLG’s sophisticated client base, which ranges from hedge fund managers to partners at private equity firms and project managers at top-tier consulting firms and Fortune 1000 companies.
As a PSS, you will develop a deep understanding of GLG’s business model and end-client markets as well as acquire incredible client service experience in a dynamic, high-intensity environment.
· Facilitate interactions between GLG clients and requested Council Members (experts)
· Navigate requests with complex compliance requirements and client-specific preferences
· Establish and build strong working relationships with Research partners
· Successfully execute against project objectives,seeing each project through to completion
· Align with and develop deep understanding of a specific end-client market
· Appreciate the urgency of competing projects and prioritize accordingly
· Demonstrate adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
· Great communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail etc.)
· At least business level proficiency in Mandarin and fluency in English
The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
· Demonstrate adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
· Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
· Demonstrate commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
· Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
· Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
· Express a strong desire to work in a team;
· Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time;
· Able to join in as soon as possible and attend minimum of three months internship period
· Able to work 3 - 4 days a week and last 3 months
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.