1. Assist on the development of new and existing products with supplier(s) ensuring project timing.
2. Propose countermeasures when there are problems.
3. Coordinate with different levels of management from suppliers to ensure a successful product development meeting the deadline.
1. Analyze existing and new product design.
2. Prepare detailed specifications for projects with Corporate Office.
3. Supervise design efforts from vendors.
4. Meet with vendors to optimize the proposed design.
5. Perform prototype evaluations and inspections.
6. Propose countermeasures to address design issues.
7. Establish and meet project schedules coordinating with vendors by working closely with the vendors and managing the project to achieve the target date and objectives
8. Test per specified test procedures
9. Work with factories to improve quality systems so they meet Medline standard
10. Work with vendor to address issues on products in the field as the trend on complaints build up.
1. The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail oriented and has the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
2. This individual must have a high regard for personal accountability and understand the critical importance of commitment
3. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese and have the demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and gain the respect of various levels of management, including owners/senior managers at the factories.
4. Must be capable of supervising out-of-house projects and managing them to achieve on time completion.
5. This requires working through issues at the factory and making sure these projects remain a priority and get the factory resources required.
6. Requires a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
7. Requires 3 years' experience in design, development and analysis of medical devices preferably durable medical devices
8. Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, MS Office, Projects
9. Able to handle special projects as directed by Managers.
10. Travel 40-50% (China )