1. Perform seismic data processing from a variety of different mining sites
2. Create, maintain, and update auto report pre-sets.
3. Identify and submit bugs using Bugzilla.
4. Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and bi-yearly reports are submitted on time.
5. Adopt lean management principles to initiate more efficient processes.
6. Trouble shoot issues regarding processing, reporting, or client complaints.
7. Other duties as assigned.
• University Degree in related field.
Major with relation to Geophysical/geotechnical would be preferred.
• Computer background is considered an asset.
• Comfortable performing repetitive analytical tasks
• Attention to detail
• Strong software skills, including the ability to efficiently learn new computer software packages
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data
• Computer hardware/electrical instrumentation proficiencies are an asset
• Ability to process vague, abstract verbal and written instructions to create effective plans, etc.
• Proven skills to interact effectively with volunteers to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties.
• Ability to problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance.
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs at the same time.
• Excellence in English writing. English speaking would be a benefit.
• Office environment
• Must have flexibility to work day and night shifts depending on the schedule.
• Will be required to work Wednesday to Sunday (from 10 am -6pm China time but willing to adjust to match Kingston day light saving time in Winter) and stat holiday shifts if needed.
• Qualified trainee who can work full time could be considered, but needs to go to Beijing office on average twice a week. (two days on weekend can work at home)