Estee Lauder Companies Asia Pacific (APAC)
2021 Presidential Associate Program and 2020 Internship Program
Introduction of this Presidential Associate Program
The Estée Lauder Companies is global leader in prestige beauty-- delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. It has a diverse portfolio of 30+ brands sold in more than 150 countries. Infused throughout our organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected.
The Presidential Associate Program is sponsored by Estee Lauder Companies APAC Innovation Leadership Team. It is designed to attract top university graduates (Bachelors, Masters & PhDs) to pursue an accelerated pathway of career development. It provides exposure to the R&D, Product Development, Product Innovation disciplines within the Organization in our APAC Innovation Hubs including Shanghai & Tokyo & Hong Kong & Seoul. This program is an intensive, highly competitive eighteen-month rotation program, which consists of three 6-month long rotations designed to make the participant well-rounded and knowledgeable in particular innovation functional areas. After a series of customized rotations, job assignments and assessment, there will be a job placement that will accelerate your career growth.
How the Presidential Associate Program Helps Participants Succeed
1. Fully Endorsed and Supported by Leaders
• A close relationship with the Program Mentor to ensure a quality experience from recruiting through hiring, rotation assignments and placement
• A rotation manager to work under, who will provide guidance and sponsorship for each assignment
• Being a member of the Asia Pacific Millennial Advisory Board which gives the opportunity of reverse-mentor to Senior Leaders and provide valuable contribution to the business
• Support from the Regional Program Team for customized developmental programs to build on the profession
• Formal and informal feedback and coaching by managers and rotational departments
2. Developmental Programs
• Welcome and Integration Program/Corporate Immersion
• Key functional capability building programs, specifically for Product Innovation, Product Development, Formulation, Advanced Technology Development, Packaging Development, Process Development, Analytical and Microbiology.
• “Lunch and Learns” with Senior Executives from across the Company to expand the business network and to listen for leaders’ experience and career advice, also have opportunities to work on important projects that impact our business.
3. Placement at End
Permanent Placement up to Sr. Scientist or equivalent at the end of the Program based on existing business needs as well as the participant’s evaluations, rate of development, contribution, and passion.
· Final year undergraduate, Graduate or PhD students with major in Chemical engineering, Polymer Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, Chemistry or related filed
· Outstanding academic record
· No minimum of work experience required, but with a passion for the beauty industry
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence others
· Motivated and innovative, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization
· Possesses high learning agility
· Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese or Japanese.
Chemical Engineering , Analytical Chemistry, Fine Chemicals, Applied Chemistry, Polymer Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Preparations, Chemicals/Organic Synthesis, Toxicology, Food Additives, Chemistry or related filed
You can learn about:
· How to develop formulas of prestige cosmetics, and pilot from lab bench to production.
· How to comply with the regulation of APAC and Global markets.
· How to deliver Asian centric, high quality, high efficacy, safe products to Asian consumers.
· How to comply with safety and quality assurance via multi analytical testing methods.
· How to forecast the marketing trend from the consumer insights and marketing information.
· How to verify the botanical actives.