SAP is a multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, with regional offices around the world, SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for technical writer interns to join us in SAP Labs China in Shanghai. You will be responsible for assisting the technical writers in the team to write documentation in English for SAP’s software products. We develop the information critical to our customers’ success with our products. Our documentation includes developer guides, installation guides, user guides, and online help. You will work closely with professional writers and software developers to gain a real understanding of software documentation.
We offer a comprehensive training plan, including business knowledge, SAP’s software, documentation tools, writing skills, and SAP’s house style.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The successful applicant must have the following skills:
- Excellent English writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Power Point)
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
- Solid academic record
- Knowledge of accepted technical writing principles and practices
- Experience in translation
- Desire to broaden skills by applying technical writing skills in a development environment
Previous internship experience would be an asset.
Seeking students who can work with us around 3 days a week for at least 6 months.
Expected Start Date: February, 2019