The role is responsible for SEALAND – A Maersk Company vessel and cargo operation related tasks handling in the Great China area.
The role covers communication with local vendors, operating procedure, performance monitoring and engaging with various stakeholders which are required for high level performance so as for the implementation of company strategy.
· Create booking forecast, load list, special cargo manifest, VGM list, stowage Coprar for loading preparation.
· Monitor day-to-day operation execution and participate in service delivery / Deadline / KPI agreements with our internal/external customers.
· Preplan transshipment readiness, clear long standings and apply tight connection.
· Follow up contingency / ad-hoc exception handling relating to cargo and marine execution when required.
· Suggest innovative and savings plan and drive continuous process improvement.
· Support manager for team management. Provide solid advice through daily observation to drive team engagement
· Support manager for team performance improvement. Deep understanding of process and initiative for better performance to motivate team members.
· Colleague students who will graduate in one or two years.
· Able to attend at least half a week time per week.
· Able to work under pressure and in a multi-culture team.
· Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
· Self-starter with initiative and strong execution ability to influence multiple stakeholders.
· An outgoing and convincing personality with sense of urgency, result orientation and constant care in daily work.
· A basic understanding of vessel operations, navigation technology and marine engineering is a plus.
Learning and development opportunities
· Operation execution and logistics knowledge.
· Gain a good understanding of the operational and commercial drivers in container shipping industry.
· Operation strategy development and execution.
· Communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.