Job Title: Merchandising Intern
Reports to: Senior Merchandising Manager/Merchandising Manager
Division: Merchandising – Greater China
Location: Shanghai, PRC
The main job objective for the merchandising intern is to assist merchandising team across daily functions in order to achieve departmental goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist Sr. merchandising manager/merchandising manager with schedule and ad hoc tasks as needed
· Coordinate projects across product categories and with other functions within Michael Kors
· Maintain the Merchandising team calendar, meeting minutes, and to-dos
· Work with cross functional teams – allocation, logistics, marketing – to execute merchandising tasks
· Consolidate presentations across all categories – handbags, shoes, ready-to-wear etc.
· Generate weekly/monthly/seasonal sales reports to track and analyze product performance in order to hind-sight and make buying recommendations
· Prepare seasonal Product Training Material and Market Research analysis
· Assist the buying manager/buyer in miscellaneous tasks such as training materials preparation, pricing/market analysis
· Maintain database and system include update production information, price uploads etc.
· Assist on any given Ad-hoc tasks/special projects, include company & team events
· Bachelors Degree or above (preferably Business/Economics or retail background)
· Strong record of academic and professional performance, with references
· Strong fashion sense and interest
· Independent, Detail-oriented, well organized, willing to work under tight schedule
· A good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Fluent in Mandarin and English