We are a team of forward-thinking strategists, designers and client managers - innately passionate, curious and persistent. Our goal is simple - to deliver world-class experience design that transforms brands and transcends boundaries. Please visit for a quick glimpse of what we have designed across the globe.
FITCH Shanghai office is now looking for a Strategist Intern to join the team and co-create new brand experiences on a project basis. If you have a creative flair, an agile mind and a passion for brand design, please don't hesitate to reach out.
What you will be doing
- Crunch data. Collect, analyze and present both quantitative and qualitative data. Sometimes the data can be overwhelmingly massive - we think it's a great opportunity for you to practice "finding a needle in the vast sea, smartly".
- Find insights. Decipher cultural trends, interpret consumer behaviors and decode visual cues. You will enjoy reading many graphics and texts - not superficially but really into between and behind the lines.
- Talk to learn. Join consumer interviews along our senior staff. Don't underestimate the importance of note-taking which you will be doing - you will learn more than you think.
- Tell stories. Develop compelling presentations to sell in and convince key stakeholders. By presentations we mean Powerpoint slides - but nicely composed ones!
- (Run errands). We want to be honest here and won't use "admin support" to beautify. Occasionally you need to help with some logistic and admin stuff, but we will try to keep it minimal.
What you will need to have
- Some fundamental knowledge of branding / marketing / psychology. If those happen to be your major, then that's even better.
- Some sense of design (broadly defined). Illustrator / AutoCAD are not mandatory, but great if you have some proficiency.
- Solid command of English. We talk in Chinese most of the time but almost all the writing is done in English. You don't necessarily need to pass TEM-8, but make sure you have solid proof of evidence of your English skills.
- Last but not least, flexibility and commitment. We are not suggesting a sleepless night, but we do at times need to work over time. (we will treat you dinner if you work late, of course). You might want to re-consider if your coursework is heavy.
Where and when you will work
While we can accept working remotely, we believe in the power of face-to-face communication. Therefore we would prefer to sit together as a team.
Our (small but well appointed) office is located on WPP Campus, 399 Hengfeng Road.
Our office hours are 9 to 6 but we have some flexibility. As you will follow through a project, it would serve your benefit to be in office at least 3 days a week (the more the better).
As we are only hiring one intern, early application would mean a larger chance. If you feel you are a great fit, we encourage you to apply (and hopefully start) as early as possible - we promise the same speed in responding to your application.
How to apply
Please apply via email , with your most up-to-date English resume and a short paragraph of why we should hire you, as well as your availability from SEP 2017 to Dec 2018. You will receive a reply regardless of whether you are selected or not. We will likely follow up with an interview if your profile stands out.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Thank you!