• NYU Shanghai is looking for a teaching assistant to support the course “Doing Business in China”. The grader will work closely with the course instructor and help with class administration, classroom activities, quiz/exam grading and learning assistance of the students.
• The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong background and research interests in business and management, fluent in English and a quick learner. An approachable personality, cultural sensitivity, and readiness to help are highly desirable qualities. The grader will gain first- hand experience working in a globalized higher education institution with a unique international student body, and get access to the research and learning resources of NYU Shanghai (e.g. library).
• Take attendance in class
• Administrate and grade quizzes and exams
• Lead/assist classroom demonstrations and activities when necessary
• Proactively managing learning material and online teaching platform (NYUClass)
• Hold weekly office hours and answer basic questions from students
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chinese, both in oral and in writing;
• Proactive, optimistic and self-motivated;
• Bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, political economy, economics, and other relevant subject;
• Have completed the courses on management, strategy, and organizational behavior with good grades;
• Experience of working as a teaching assistant is highly preferred;
• Time requirement: 1.5-2 days per week.